Back -- Table of Contents -- Forward
1. Singer PA, Cooper DS, Levy EG, and et al. 1995. Treatment guidelines for patients with hyperthyroidism and hypothyroidism. JAMA. 273:808-12.
2. Vanderpump MPJ, Ahlquist JAO, Franklyn JA et al. 1996. Consensus statement for good practice and audit measures in the management of hypothyroidism and hyperthyroidism. Br Med J. 313:539-44.
3. Ladenson PW, Singer PA, Ain KB et al. 2000. American Thyroid Association Guidelines for detection of thyroid dysfunction. Arch Intern Med. 160:1573-5.
4. Braverman LE, U. R., eds. 2000. The Thyroid. A Fundimental and Clinical Text. 9th ed.,. J.B. Lippincott Co, New York, 2000.
5. DeGroot LJ, Larsen PR, Hennemann G, eds. 2000. The Thyroid and Its Diseases. (www.thyroidmanager.org).
6. Piketty ML, D'Herbomez M, Le Guillouzic D et al. 1996. Clinical comparision of three labeled-antibody immunoassays of free triiodothyronine. Clin Chem. 42:933-41.
7. Spencer CA, LoPresti JS, Patel A et al. 1990. Applications of a new chemiluminometric thyrotropin assay to subnormal measurement. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 70:453-60.
8. Meikle, AW, Stringham JD, Woodward MG, et al. 1988. Hereditary and environmental influences on the variation of thyroid hormones in normal male twins. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 66:588-92.
9. Cooper, D. S., R. Halpern, L. C. Wood et al. 1984. L-thyroxine therapy in subclinical hypothyroidism. Ann Intern Med. 101:18-24.
10. Glinoer D, De Nayer P, Bourdoux P, et al. 1990. Regulation of maternal thyroid function during pregnancy. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 71:276.
11. Goodwin TM, Montoro M, Mestman JH, et al. 1992. The role of chorionic gonadotropin in transient hyperthyroidism of hyperemesis gravidarum. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 75:1333.
12. Mc Elduff A. 1999. Measurement of free thyroxine (T4) in pregnancy. Aust NZ J Obst Gynecol. 39:158-61.
13. Burrow, G., Fisher DA, Larsen PR. 1994. Maternal and fetal thyroid function. N Engl J Med. 331:1072.
14. Nimalasuriya A, Lin S, LoPresti J, et al. 1986 .Evidence for dual peripheral 5'deiodinases (5'D) regulating circulating T3 levels in man. Frontiers in Thyroidology. 1: 519-523 .
15. Brabant, G., K. Prank, C. Hoang-Vu et al. 1991. Hypothalamic regulation of pulsatile thyrotropin secretion. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 72:145-50.
16. Browning MCK, Ford RP, Callaghan SJ, et al. 1986. Intra-and interindividual biological variation of five analytes used in assessing thyroid function: implications for necessary standards of performance and the interpretation of results. Clin Chem. 32:962.
17. Browning MCK. 1989. Analytical goals for quantities used to assess thyrometabolic status. Ann Clin Biochem. 26:1.
18. Fraser CG, Petersen PH, Ricos C, et al. 1992. Proposed quality specifications for the imprecision and inaccuracy of analytical systems for clinical chemistry. Eur J Clin Chem Biochem. 30:311.
19. Kailajarvi M, Takala T, Gronroos P et al. 2000. Reminders of drug effects on laboratory test results. Clin Chem. 46:1395-1400.
20. Martino E, Aghini-Lombardi F, Mariotti S, et al. 1987. Amiodarone iodine-induced hypothyroidism risk factors and follow-up in 28 cases. Clin Endocrinol. 26:227.
21. Harjai KJ, Licata AA. 1997. Effects of amiodarone on thyroid function. Ann Intern Med. 126:63.
22. Caron P. 1995. Effect of amiodarone on thyroid function. Press Med. 24:1747-51.
23. Stockigt JR, Lim CF, Barlow JW, et al. 1984. High concentrations of furosemide inhibit plasma binding of thyroxine. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 59:62.
24. Hawkins RC. 1999. Furosemide interference in newer free thyroxine assays. Clin Chem. 45:1315.
25. Iitaka M, Kawasaki S, Sakurai S, et al 1998. Serum substances that interfere with thyroid hormone assays in patients with chronic renal failure. Clin Endocrinol. 48:739-46.
26. Wartofsky L. 1994. The low T3 or "sick euthyroid syndrome": update 1994. Endocrinol Rev. 3:248.
27. Nelson JC, Weiss RM. 1985. The effects of serum dilution on free thyroxine (T4) concentration in the low T4 syndrome of nonthyroidal illness. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 61:239-46.
28. Chopra IJ. 1998. Simultaneous measurement of free thyroxine and free 3,5,3'-triiodothyronine in undiluted serum by direct equilibriium dialysis/radioimmunoassay: evidence that free triiodothyronine and free thyroxine are normal in many patients with the low triiodothyronine syndrome. Thyroid. 8:249-57.
29. Stockigt JR. 1996. Guidelines for diagnosis and monitoring of thyroid disease: nonthyroidal illness. Clin Chem. 42:188.
30. Spencer CA, Eigen A, Duda M, et al. 1987. Sensitive TSH tests - specificity limitations for screening for thyroid disease in hospitalized patients. Clin Chem . 33 : 1391-1396 .
31. Brent GA, Hershman JM. 1986. Thyroxine therapy in patients with severe nonthyroidal illnesses and low serum thyroxine concentrations. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 63:1.
32. Frost SJ, Hine KR, Firth GB, Wheatley T. 1998. Falsely lowered FT4 and raised TSH concentrations in a patient with hyperthyrodism and human anti-mouse monoclonal antibodies. Ann Clin Biochem35 (317-20).
33. Hay ID, Bayer MF, Kaplan MM, et al. 1991. American Thyroid Association Assessment of Current Free Thyroid Hormone and Thyrotropin Measurements and Guidelines for Future Clinical Assays. Clin Chem. 37:2002 - 2008.
34. Wang R, Nelson JC, Weiss RM, Wilcox RB. 2000. Accuracy of free thyroxine measurements across natural ranges of thyroxine binding to serum proteins. Thyroid. 10:31-9.
35. Ekins RP. 1998. Ligand assays: from electrophoresis to miniaturized microarrays. Clin Chem. 44:2015-30.
36. Ekins R. 1998. The science of free hormone measurement. Proc UK NEQUAS Meeting. 3:35-59.
37. Kricka LJ. 2000. Interferences in Immunoassay - still a threat. Clin Chem 46 (1037-8).
38. McBride JH, Rodgerson Do, Allin RE. 1987. Choriogonadotrophin interference in a sensitive assay for Thyrotropin. Clin Chem. 33:1303-4.
39. Ritter D, Stott R, Grant N, Nahm MH. 1993. Endogenous antibodies that interfere with Thyroxine fluorescence polarization assay but not with radioimmunoassay or EMIT. Clin Chem. 39:508-11.
40. Levinson SS. 1992. The nature of heterophilic antibodies and their role in immunoassay interference. J Clin Immunoassay. 15:108-15.
41. Kricka LJ. 1999. Human anti-animal antibody interference in immunological assays. Clin Chem. 45:942-56.
42. Rafferty B, Gaines Das R. 1999. Comparison of pituitary and recombinant huma thyroid-stimulating hormone (rhTSH) in a multicenter collaborative study: establishment of the first World Health Organization reference reagent for rhTSH. Clin Chem. 45:2207-15.
43. Beck-Peccoz P, Amr S, Menezes-Ferreira NM, et al. 1985. Decreased receptor binding of biologically inactive thyrotropin in central hypothyroidism: effect of treatment with thyrotropin-releasing hormone. N Engl J Med. 312:1085.
44. Beck-Peccoz P, Persani L. 1994. Variable biological activity of thyroid-stimulating hormone. Eur J Endocrinol. 131:331.
45. Spencer CA, Schwarzbein D, Guttler RB, et al. 1993. TRH stimulation test responses employing third and fourth generation TSH assays. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 76:494-498.
46. Spencer CA, Takeuchi M, Kazarosyan M. 1996. Current Status and Performance Goals for Serum Thyroglobulin Assays. Clin Chem. 42:164-73.
47. Spencer CA, Takeuchi M, Kazarosyn M, et al. 1995. Interlaboratory/intermethod differences in functional sensitivity of immunometric assays for thyrotropin (TSH): impact on reliability of measurement of subnormal concentration. Clin Chem. 41:367-74.
48. Hollowell JG, Staehling NW, Hannon WH, et al. 2001. Serum thyrotropin, thyroxine, and thyroid antibodies in the United States population (1988 to 1994): NHANES III. JAMA: in press.
49. Sawin CT, Geller A, Kaplan MM, et al. 1991. Low serum thyrotropin (thyroid stimulating hormone) in older persons without hyperthyroidism. Arch Intern Med. 151:165.
50. Lu FL, Yau KI, Tsai KS, et al. 1999. Longitudinal study of serum free thyroxine and thyrotropin levels by chemiluminescent immunoassay during infancy. T'aiwan Erh K'o i Hseh Hui Tsa Chih. 40:255-7.
51. Zurakowski D, Di Canzio J, Majzoub JA. 1999. Pediatric reference intervals for serum thyroxine, triiodothyronine, thyrotropin and free thyroxine. Clin Chem. 45:1087-91.
52. Fisher DA, Nelson JC, Carlton Ei, et al. 2000. Maturation of human hypothalamic-pituitary-thyroid function and control. Thyroid. 10:229-34.
53. Vanderpump MPJ, Tunbridge WMG, French JM, et al. 1995. The incidence of thyroid disorders in the community; a twenty year follow up of the Whickam survey. Clin Endocrinol. 43:55-68.
54. Marcocci C, Chiovato L. 2000. Thyroid -directed antibodies. In Thyroid. B. L. a. U. RD, editor. Lippincott Williams and Wilkins, Philadelphia. 414-31.
55. Doullay F, Ruf J, Codaccioni JL, et al. 1991. Prevalence of autoantibodies to thyroperoxidase in patients with various thyroid and autoimmune diseases. Autoimmunity. 9:237-44.
56. Radetti G, Persani L, Moroder W, et al. 1999. Transplacental passage of anti-thyroid autoantibodies in a pregnant woman with auto-immune thyroid disease. Prenatal Diagnosis. 19:468-71.
57. Heithorn R, Hauffa BP, Reinwein D. 1999. Thyroid antibodies in children of mothers with autoimmune thyroid disorders. Eur J Pediatr. 158:24-8.
58. Feldt-Rasmussen. 1991. Anti-thyroid peroxidase antibodies in thyroid disorders and non thyroid autoimmune diseases. Autoimmunity. 9:245-51.
59. Mariotti S, Chiovato L, Franceschi C, et al. 1999. Thyroid autoimmunity and aging. Exp Gerontol. 33:535-41.
60. Ericsson UB, Christensen SB, Thorell JI. 1985. A high prevalence of thyroglobulin autoantibodies in adults with and without thyroid disease as measured with a sensitive solid-phase immunosorbent radioassay. Clin Immunol Immunopathol. 37:154-62.
61. Premawardhana LD, Parkes AB, Ammari F, et al. 2000. Postpartum thyroiditis and long-term thyroid status: prognostic influence of Thyroid Peroxidase Antibodies and ultrasound echogenicity. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 85:71-5.
62. Nohr SB, Jorgensen A, Pedersen KM, et al . 2000. Postpartum thyroid dysfunction in pregnant thyroid peroxidase antibody-positive women living in an area with mild to moderate iodine deficiency: Is iodine supplementation safe? J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 85:3191-8.
63. Johnston AM, Eagles JM. 1999. Lithium-associated clinical hypothyroidism. Prevalence and risk factors. Br. J Psychiatry. 175:336-9.
64. Bell TM, Bansal AS, Shorthouse C, et al. 1999. Low titre autoantibodies predict autoimmune disease during inteferon alpha treatment of chronic hepatitis C. J Gastroenterol Hepatol. 14:419-22.
65. Feldt-Rasmussen U, Schleusener H, Carayon P. 1994. Meta-analysis evaluation of the impact of thyrotropin receptor antibodies on long term remission after medical therapy of Graves' disease. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 78:98-103.
66. Estienne V, Duthoit C, Di Costanzo, et al. 1999. Multicenter study on TGPO autoantibodies prevalence in various thyroid and non-thyroid diseases: relationships with thyroglobulin and thyroperoxidase autoantibody parameters. Eur J Endocrinol. 141:563-9.
67. Czarnocka B, Ruf J, Ferrand M, et al. 1985. Purification of the human thyroid peroxidase and its identification as the microsomal antigen involved in autoimmune thyroid diseases. FEBS Lett. 190:147-52.
68. Mariotti S, Caturegli P, Piccolo P, et al. 1990. Antithyroid peroxidase autoantibodies in thyroid diseases. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 71:661-9.
69. Pop VJ, De Vries E, Van Baar AL, et al. 1995. Maternal thyroid peroxidase antibodies during pregnancy: a marker of impaired child development? J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 80:3561-6.
70. Haddow JE, Palomaki GE, Allan WC, et al 1999. Maternal thyroid deficiency during pregnancy and subsequent neuropsychological development of the child. NEJM. 341:549-55.
71. Pop VJ, Kuijpens JL, van Baar AL, et al. 1999. Low maternal free thyroxine concentrations during early pregnancy are associated with impaired psychomotor development in infancy. Clin Endocrinol. 50:147-8.
72. Bussen S, Steck T, Dietl J. 2000. Increased prevalence of thyroid antibodies in euthyroid women with a history of recurrent in-vitro fertilization failure. Hum Reprod. 15:545-8.
73. Ruf J, Toubert ME, Czarnocka B, et al. 1989. Relationship between immunological structure and biochemical properties of human thyroid peroxidase. Endocrinol. 125:1211-8.
74. Feldt-Rasmussen U, Krogh-Rasmussen A. 1985. Serum thyroglobulin (Tg)in presence of thyroglobulin autoantibodies (TgAb). Clinical and methodological relevance of the interaction between Tg and TgAb in vivo and in vitro. J Endocrinol Invest. 8:571-6.
75. Spencer CA, Wang C, Fatemi S, et al. 1998. Serum Thyroglobulin Autoantibodies: Prevalence, influence on serum thyroglobulin measurement and prognostic significance in patients with differentiated thyroid carcinoma. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 83:1121-7.
76. Nordyke RA, Gilbert FI, Miyamoto LA, et al. 1993. The superiority of antimicrosomal over antithyroglobulin antibodies for detecting Hashimoto's thyroiditis. Arch Intern Med. 153:862-5.77.
77. Rubello D, Casara D, Girelli ME, et al. 1992. Clinical meaning of circulating antithyroglobulin antibodies in differentiated thyroid cancer: a prospective study. J Nucl Med. 33:1478-80.
78. Di Cerbo A, Di Paoloa R, Menzaghi C, et al. 1999. Graves' immunoglobulins activate phospholipase A2 by recognizing specific epitopes on the thyrotropin receptor. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 84:3283-92.
79. Sugawa H, Ueda Y, Ueda M, et al. 1998. Immunization with the "immunogenic peptide" of TSH receptor induces oligoclonal antibodies with various biological activities. Peptides. 19:1301-7.
80. Ueta Y, Fukui H, Murakami M, et al. 1999. Development of primary hypothyroidism with the appearence of blocking-type antibody to thyrotropin receptor in Graves' disease in late pregnancy. Thyroid. 9:179-82.
81. Kamijo K, Nagata A, et al. 1999. Clinical significance of a sensitive assay for thyroid-stimulating antibodies in Graves' disease using polyethylene glycol at high concentration and porcine thyroid cells. Endocrinol J. 46:397-403.
82. Shewring G, Smith BR. 1982. An improved radioreceptor assay for TSH receptor. Methods Enzymol. 17:409-17.
83. Costagliola S, Morganthaler NG, Hoermann R, et al. 1999. Second generation assay for thyrotropin receptor antibodies has superior diagnostic sensitivity for Graves' disease. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 84:90-7.
84. Haugen BR, Pacini F, Reiners C, et al. 1999. A comparison of recombinant human thyrotropin and thyroid hormone withdrawal for the detection of thyroid remnant or cancer. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 84:3877-85.
85. Feldt-Rasmussen U, Schlumberger M. 1988. European interlaboratory comparison of serum thyroglobulin measurement. J Endocrinol Invest. 11:175-81.
86. Feldt-Rasmussen U, Profilis C, Colinet E, et al. 1996. Human thyroglobulin reference material (CRM 457) 2nd part: Physicochemical characterization and certification. Ann Biol Clin. 54:343-348.
87. Spencer CA, LoPresti JS, Fatemi S, et al. 1999. Detection of residual and recurrent differentiated thyroid carcinoma by serum Thyroglobulin measurement. Thyroid. 9: 435-41 .
88. Schlumberger MJ. 1998. Papillary and Follicular Thyroid Carcinoma. NEJM. 338:297-306.
89. Mariotti S, Barbesino G, Caturegli P, et al1995. Assay of thyroglobulin in serum with thyroglobulin autoantibodies: an unobtainable goal? J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 80:468-72.
90. Black EG, Hoffenberg R. 1983. Should one measure serum thyroglobulin in the presence of anti-thyroglobulin antibodies? Clin Endocrinol. 19:597-601.
91. Schlumberger MCP, Fragu P, Lumbroso J, et al 1980. Circulating thyrotropin and thyroid hormones in patients with metastases of differentiated thyroid carcinoma: relationship to serum thyrotropin levels. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 51:513-9.
92. Dunn JT. 1992. Iodine deficiency - the next target for elimination. N Engl J Med. 326:267-8.
93. Delange F. 1995. Correction of iodine deficiency: benefits and possible side effects. Eur J Endocrinol. 132:542-3.
94. Delange F, Burgi H. 1989. Iodine deficiency disorders in Europe. Bulletin of the World Health Organization. 87:317-25.
95. Dunn JT. 1998. Whats happening to our iodine. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 83:3398-3400.
96. Aumont G, Tressol JC. 1986. Improved routine method for the determination of total iodine in urine and milk. Analyst. 111:841-3.
97. Unak P, Darcan S, Yurt F, Biber Z, Coker M. 1999. Determination of iodine amounts in urine and water by isotope dilution analysis. biol Trace Elem Res Winter. 71-2:463-70.
98. Kilbane MT, Ajja RA, Weetman AP, Dwyer R, McDermott EWM, O'Higfins NJ, Smyth PPA. 2000. Tissue Iodine content and serum mediated 125I uptake blocking activityin breast cancer. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 85:1245-50.
99. Liberman CS, Pino SC, Fang SL, Braverman LE, Emerson CH. 1998. Circulating iodine concentrations during and after pregnancy. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 83:3545-9.
100. Vought RL, London WT, Lutwak L, Dublin TD. 1963. Reliability of estimates of serum inorganic iodine and daily faecal and urinary iodine excretion from single casual specimens. J Clin Endcorinol Metab. 23:1218-28.
101. Smyth PPA, Darke C, Parkes AB, et al. 1999. Assessment of goitre in an area of endemic iodine deficiency. Thyroid. 9:895-901.
102. Knudsen N, Christiansen E, Brandt-Christensen M, et al. 2000. Age- and sex-adjusted iodine/creatinine ratio. A new standard in epidemiological surveys? Evaluation of three different estimates of iodine excretion based on casual urine samples and comparison to 24 h values. Eur J Clin Nutr. 54:361-3.
103. Als C, Helbling A, Peter K, Haldimann M, et al. 2000. Urinary iodine concentration follows a circadian rhythm: A study with 3023 spot urine samples in adults and children. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 85:1367-9.
104. Lightowler H, Davis JG. 1999. Iodine intake and iodine deficiency in vegans as assessed by the duplicate-portion technique and urinary iodine excretion. Br. J Nutr. 80:529-35.
105. Utiger RD. 1999. Maternal hypothyroidism and fetal development. N Engl J Med. 341:601-2.
106. Glinoer D. 1997. The regulation of thyroid function in pregnancy: pathways of endocrine adaptation from physiology to pathology. Endocrinol Rev. 18:404-33.
107. Smyth PPA, Smith DF, Radcliff M, et al. 1997. Maternal iodine status and thyroid volume during pregnancy: correlation with neonatal intake. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 82:2840-3.
108. Gunton JE, Hams GH, Fiegert M, et al. 1999. iodine deficiency in ambulatory participants at a Sydney teaching hospital: Is Australia truly iodine replete? Med J Aust. 171:467-70.
109. Smyth PPA. 1999. Variation in iodine handling during normal pregnancy. Thyroid. 9:637-42.
110. Koutras DA, Papadoupoulos SN, Sfontouris JG, et al. 1968. Comparison of methods for measuring the plasma inorganic iodine and the absolute iodine uptake by the thyroid gland. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 28:757-60.
111. Miukami, Michigishi T, Nonomura A, et al. 1993. Iodine-induced hypothyroidism. A Clinical and histological study of 28 patients. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 76:466-71.
112. Stanbury JB, Ermans AE, Bourdoux P, et al. 1998. Iodine-induced hyperthyroidism: occurrence and epidemiology. Thyroid. 8:83-100.
113. Costa A, Testori OB, Cenderelli C, et al. 1978. Iodine content of human tissues after administration of iodine containing drugs or constrast media. J Endocrinol Invest. 1:221-5.
114. May W, Wu D, Eastman C, et al. 1990. Evaluation of automated urinary iodine methods: problems of interfering substances identified. Clin Chem. 35:865-9.
115. Lauber K. 1975. Iodine determination in biological material. Kinetic measurement of the catalytic activity of iodine. Analyt Chem. 47:769-71.
116. Mantel M. 1971. Improved method for the determination of iodine in urine. Clin Chim Acta. 33:39-44.
117. Tsuda K, Namba H, Nomura T, et al. 1995. Automated Measurment of urinary iodine with use of ultraviolet radiation. Clin Chem. 41:581-5.
118. Dunn JT, Crutchfield HE, Gutenkunst R, et al. 1993. Two simple methods for measuring iodine in urine. Thyroid. 3:119-23.
119. May SL, May WA, Bourdoux PP, et al. 1997. Validation of a simple, manual urinary iodine method for estimating the prevalence of iodine-deficiency disorders, and interlaboratory comparison with other methods. J Clin Nutr. 65:1441-5.
120. Ohashi T, Yamaki M, Pandav SC, et al. 2000. Simple microplate method for determination of urinary iodine. Clin Chem. 46:529-36.
121. Rendl J, Seybold S, Borner W. 1994. Urinary iodine determined by paired-ion reverse-phase HPLC with electrochemical detection. Clin Chem. 40:908-13.
122. Haldimann M, Zimmerli B, Als C, Gerber H. 1998. Direct determination of urinary iodine by inductively coupled plasma mass spectormetry using isotope dilution with iodine-129. Clin Chem. 44:817-24.
123. Mura P, Piriou a, Guillard O, et al. 1985. Dosage des iodures urinares par electrode specifique: son interet au cours des dysthyroides. Ann Biol Clin. 44:123-6.
124. Allain P, Berre S, Krari N, et al. 1993. Use of plasma iodine assays for diagnosing thyroid disorders. J Clin Pathol. 46:453-5.
125. Pino S, Fang L, Braverman LE. 1996. Ammonium persulfate: a safe alternative oxidizing reagent for measuring urinary iodine. Clin Chem. 42:239-43.
126. Rendl J, Bier D, Groh T, et al. 1998. Rapid urinary iodide test. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 83:1007-12.
127. Rojeski MT, Gharib H. 1985. Nodular thyroid disease: Evaluation and management. N Engl J Med. 313:428-36.
128. Mazzaferri EL. 1993. Management of a solitary thyroid nodule. N Engl J Med. 328:553-9.
129. Hamburger JI, Husain M, Nishiyama R, et al. 1989. Increasing the accuracy of fine-needle biopsy for thyroid nodules. Arch Pathol Lab Med. 113:1035-41.
130. Grant CS, Hay ID, Gough IR, McCarthy PM, Goelliner JR. 1989. Long-term follow-up of patients with benign thyroid fine-needle aspiration cytologic diagnoses. Surgery. 106:980-6.
131. Moosa M, Mazzaferri EL. 1997. Outcome of differentiated thyroid cancer diagnosed in pregnant women. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 82:2862-6.
132. Cooper DS. 1995. Thyroxine suppression therapy for benign nodular disease. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 80:331-4.
133. LaFranchi SH, Dussault JH, Fisher DA, et al. 1993. Newborn screening for congenital hypothyroidism: Recommended guidelines. Pediatrics. 91:1203-9.
134. Gruter A, Delange F, Giovanelli G, et al. 1993. Guidelines for neonatal screening programmes for congenital hypothyroidism. Pediatr. 152:974-5.
135. Toublanc JE. 1999. Guidelines for neonatal screening programs for congenital hypothyroidism. Acta Paediatr. 88 Suppl 432:13-4.
136. Gruneiro-Papendieck L, Prieto L, et al. 2000. Usefulness of thyroxine and free thyroxine filter paper measurements in neonatal screening for congenital hypothyroidism of preterm babies. J Med Screen. 7:78-81.
137. Hanna DE, Krainz PL, Skeels MR, et al. 1986. Detection of congenital hypopituitary hypothyroidism: Ten year experience in the Northwest Regional Screening Program. J Pediatr. 109:959-64.
138. Fisher DA. 1999. Hypothyroxinemia in premature infants: is thyroxine treatment necessary? Thyroid. 9:715-20.
139. Wang ST, Pizzalato S, Demshar HP. 1998. Diagnostic effectiveness of TSH screening and of T4 with secondary TSH screening for newborn congenital hypothyroidism. Clin Chim Acta. 274:151-8.
140. Delange F. 1998. Screening for congenital hypothyroidism used as an indicator of the degree of IDD and its control. Thyroid. 8:1185-92.
141. Law WY, Bradley DM, Lazarus JH, et al. 1998. Congenital hypothyroidism in Wales (1982-93): demographic features, clinical presentation and effects on early neurodevelopment. Clin Endocrinol. 48:201-7.
142. LaFranchi SH, Hanna CE, Krainz PL, et al. 1985. Screening for congenital hypothyroidism with specimen collection at two time periods: Results of the Northwest Regional Screening Program. J Pediatr. 76:734-40.
143. McKenzie JM, Zakaria M. 1992. Fetal and neonatal hyperthyroidism and hypothyroidism due to maternal TSH receptor antibodies. Thyroid. 2:155-9.
144. Vogiatzi MG, Kirkland JL. 1997. Frequency and necessity of thyroid function tests in neonates and infants with congenital hypothyroidism. Pediatr. 100 (E6).
145. Pohlenz J, Rosenthal IM, Weiss RE, et al. 1998. Congenital hypothyroidism due to mutations in the sodium/iodide symporter. Identification of a nonsense mutation producing a downstream cryptic 3' splice site. J Clin Invest. 101:1028-35.
146. Nordyke RA, Reppun TS, Mandanay LD, et al. 1998. Alternative sequences of thyrotropin and free thyroxine assays for routine thyroid function testing. Quality and cost. Arch Intern Med. 158:266-72.
Back -- Table of Contents -- Forward